Community Relations Coordinator
Community Relations Coordinator - Job Description
POSITION: PT Community Relations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: A flexible schedule averaging 20-24 hours / week
SALARY: Starting pay range from $16 - $17.50 / hour
The Oxford Community Arts Center (OCAC) seeks a creative and energetic employee with excellent communication skills who will support and promote the values and vision of the OCAC.
The Community Relations Coordinator will coordinate public and donor communications and implement plans for community engagement and fundraising. This role will increase awareness of OCAC activities and events, drive attendance and participation, facilitate opportunities for community/donor involvement and inclusion, raise awareness and visibility of OCAC, and reinforce its reputation as a key community institution.
Reporting Relationship: The Community Relations Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director (ED), and maintains close connections with the Facilities Coordinator and Administrative Assistant.
- Community Relations
- Plan and execute a marketing and social media strategy,
- Coordinate creation and distribution of OCAC communication materials and advertising;
- Maintain and update the OCAC website and digital marketing tools;
- Demonstrate willingness to take on other duties as assigned.
- Donor Relations
- With ED, develop, market, and execute the OCAC’s fundraising plans;
- Write targeted letters for the Annual fundraising campaign, planned giving, and Annual Gala, working with approved printers to ensure proper execution and delivery;
- Oversee the donor database and assist staff with data entry and processing;
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor events.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and a spirit of cooperation;
- Work independently and as a team player;
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, while maintaining quality and consistency;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations and work well with staff, Board, Committee members, volunteers, media representatives, community groups, public officials, and the public;
- Effectively respond to community and donor needs, and respond in a timely manner to phone calls, emails and other requests;
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or closely related field, preferred.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, and execution of multiple simultaneous projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace productivity tools.
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with design software preferred.
- Experience with WordPress or desire to learn strongly preferred.
- Experience with YouTube editing or desire to learn strongly preferred.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and a resume as attachments in PDF format to the attention of Heidi Schiller, Executive Director, at email@example.com
The OCAC values a diverse workplace. The Oxford Community Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Application reviews begin May 3, 2021. The position is open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.