The Oxford Community Arts Center's November Virtual Second Friday will bring you a live-streamed concert featuring Swingfoot on Friday, November 13 at 7:30pm.
Join us for the energy of Classic Blues, Swing, Country and Boogie as performed by:
- David Burk--blues harp and vocals, playing and singing blues and jazz in Hamilton for many years--has been compared to Fabulous Thunderbirds vocalist/harp man Kim Wilson.
- Guitarist and vocalist Dave Jones, from Detroit area--his band opened for John Lee Hooker, Gatemouth Brown and Johnny Winter. Dave’s solos balance fiery energy and tasteful precision--his bandmates know what’s coming and he still leaves them stunned--sings in a laid-back uptown style.
- Bassist Jeff Johnson, veteran of the Southwest Ohio music scene. His work on the upright “stick bass” is rock solid and swinging.
- Drummer Bob Lese, another area veteran--played with the award-winning blues band Them Bones, among many others in several genres.
Continued thanks to Jack & Sally Southard and The Elms Hotel for sponsoring our Second Friday concerts! Thank you to ArtsWave and the Ohio Arts Council for our sustaining grants.
Want to support the Oxford Community Arts Center in the time of COVID?
Here's our online Donation Jar:
Although we are unable to have an opening reception, we will be opening new exhibits beginning at 10 am on Friday morning, November 13.
- Howard Krauss watercolors
- Plein Air artworks
- Illuminating Community
No groups larger than 10 may enter the building per City of Oxford COVID regulations.
These exhibits will be up until December, 2020. The galleries will be open:
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturdays, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Please stop by. We know you'll look great in your mask!