Monday - Friday 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm
Additional evening hours according to programming schedule
Musical Snack #1: Sonata in E, K. 162 by Domenico Scarlatti
Sonata in E, K. 162, by Domenico Scarlatti, performed by Bruce
Murray at the Oxford Community Arts Center, Oxford, OH, during
pandemic summer 2020.
Wednesdays at noon wherever you are, take a break, a deep breath and enjoy a few minutes of exquisite music recorded in the beautiful ballroom of Oxford Community Arts Center.
Bruce Murray writes: "Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1759) started
writing "sonatas" at age 53 and produced nearly 600 of them over
twenty years. This piece is relatively well known because
Vladimir Horowitz made a remarkable recorded. It is a bit
unusual for Scarlatti in that it alternates slow and fast
sections; most sonatas have the same tempo and same basic
The music is in the public domain.
The Oxford Community Arts Center's November Virtual Second Friday will bring you a live-streamed concert featuring Swingfoot on Friday, November 13 at 7:30pm.
Join us for the energy of Classic Blues, Swing, Country and Boogie as performed by:
- David Burk--blues harp and vocals, playing and singing blues and jazz in Hamilton for many years--has been compared to Fabulous Thunderbirds vocalist/harp man Kim Wilson.
- Guitarist and vocalist Dave Jones, from Detroit area--his band opened for John Lee Hooker, Gatemouth Brown and Johnny Winter. Dave’s solos balance fiery energy and tasteful precision--his bandmates know what’s coming and he still leaves them stunned--sings in a laid-back uptown style.
- Bassist Jeff Johnson, veteran of the Southwest Ohio music scene. His work on the upright “stick bass” is rock solid and swinging.
- Drummer Bob Lese, another area veteran--played with the award-winning blues band Them Bones, among many others in several genres.
Continued thanks to Jack & Sally Southard and The Elms Hotel for sponsoring our Second Friday concerts! Thank you to ArtsWave and the Ohio Arts Council for our sustaining grants.
Want to support the Oxford Community Arts Center in the time of COVID?
Here's our online Donation Jar:
Although we are unable to have an opening reception, we will be opening new exhibits beginning at 10 am on Friday morning, November 13.
- Howard Krauss watercolors
- Plein Air artworks
- Illuminating Community
No groups larger than 10 may enter the building per City of Oxford COVID regulations.
These exhibits will be up until December, 2020. The galleries will be open:
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturdays, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Please stop by. We know you'll look great in your mask!
Oxford Empty Bowls 2020
While it won't be possible to hold the usual Oxford Empty Bowls benefit soup luncheon this year, we hope you will join us in the fight against hunger and food insecurity in the Oxford area by participating in the events listed below. For the safety of all, facial coverings and social distancing will be required.
- Oxford Empty Bowls Online Bowl Sale
Our Online Bowl Sale will feature over 200 gorgeous handmade bowls crafted and donated by Oxford, Mason, and Cincinnati-area potters. Watch for the bowl sale to go live, and meet the participating potters.
- Online Sale Opens: November 1 at 12:00 p.m.
- Online Sale Closes: November 13 at 6:00 p.m.
- Bowl Pick-Up: November 14 outdoors at Oxford Community Arts Center, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Walk-Up Bowl Sale
A socially-distanced, in-person sale of handmade bowls will take place outdoors at the Oxford Community Arts Center:
- November 14 between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Interested in Volunteering?
Many helping hands are still needed on Saturday, November 14, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending about 2:30 p.m. at the Oxford Community Arts Center.
- Runners - Runners will meet cars curbside, get the name on the order, pick-up the corresponding bag(s) from the table, and carry them back to the car/purchaser.
- Table Tenders - Table Tenders will help organize bags by the purchasers' names and provide Runners with all bags for each purchaser.
- "Buy It Now" Table Tenders - "Buy It Now" Table Tenders will staff the sales table for our "Buy It Now" items
For details and volunteer sign-up, please visit the 2020 Oxford Empty Bowls Volunteer Schedule.
We're in the middle of planning a virtual Holiday Concert for your enjoyment. While we can't invite all of you in to experience it in person, we do invite you to Save the Date.
Details will be announced in November.
In normal years, the Holiday Concert is an important fundraising event for the Oxford Community Arts Center, and one of our key funders, the Ohio Arts Council. We hope you'll consider donating to us online during the event.