Calendar of Events
Click on any TITLE to view event details.
Oxford Empty Bowls 2020
While it won't be possible to hold the usual Oxford Empty Bowls benefit soup luncheon this year, we hope you will join us in the fight against hunger and food insecurity in the Oxford area by participating in the events listed below. For the safety of all, facial coverings and social distancing will be required.
- Oxford Empty Bowls Online Bowl Sale
Our Online Bowl Sale will feature over 200 gorgeous handmade bowls crafted and donated by Oxford, Mason, and Cincinnati-area potters. Watch for the bowl sale to go live, and meet the participating potters.
- Online Sale Opens: November 1 at 12:00 p.m.
- Online Sale Closes: November 13 at 6:00 p.m.
- Bowl Pick-Up: November 14 outdoors at Oxford Community Arts Center, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Walk-Up Bowl Sale
A socially-distanced, in-person sale of handmade bowls will take place outdoors at the Oxford Community Arts Center:
- November 14 between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Interested in Volunteering?
Many helping hands are still needed on Saturday, November 14, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending about 2:30 p.m. at the Oxford Community Arts Center.
- Runners - Runners will meet cars curbside, get the name on the order, pick-up the corresponding bag(s) from the table, and carry them back to the car/purchaser.
- Table Tenders - Table Tenders will help organize bags by the purchasers' names and provide Runners with all bags for each purchaser.
- "Buy It Now" Table Tenders - "Buy It Now" Table Tenders will staff the sales table for our "Buy It Now" items
For details and volunteer sign-up, please visit the 2020 Oxford Empty Bowls Volunteer Schedule.
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company Presents: Romeo and Juliet
Join us at 7 PM on August 24 for Shakespeare in the park! A performance of Romeo and Juliet by the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company will be held in the Outdoor Pavilion at the OCAC. Free, all-ages event.
About the show: One of the most beloved romantic tragedies in Shakespeare’s canon, Romeo and Juliet is the tale of Bard’s star-crossed lovers. Romeo and Juliet fall instantly in love only to discover they come from feuding families. In defiance of their families, amidst the animosity of friends and in concealment from their mentors, a young couple risk everything to be together. CSC is proud to present “Romeo and Juliet” and prove its continued relevance in the lives of young and old alike, throughout the ages.
This event is co-sponsored by our community partner Enjoy Oxford.