Art and Nature - Together Again
Welcome to a new year and a new Virtual Annual Gala. This year's Gala will include:
- Musical performance by the guitar and oboe duo, Thomas Garcia and Andrea Ridilla
- Musical performance by pianist, Bruce Murray, who's been bringing us Musical Snacks this year
- Virtual wine tasting led by Jack Keegan and Bob Toerner from Ohio Valley Wine
- Virtual Gallery tours with artist interviews
- Video highlights and insights shared by new Executive Director, Heidi Schiller
- Our exciting online auction, with highlighted items featured throughout the evening
This year, although we're unable to gather as usual, you may be quarantining with a small group of others that will permit you to share the virtual gala together. A small group may enjoy the musical performances, the wine-tasting, and the gallery tours together. For the online auction, each person wishing to bid will need their own login.
About the Wine -Tasting
Two ways to participate in the wine-tasting:
- Sponsors at the Official Virtual Event Sponsor and Ballroom Patron levels will receive two bottles of wine to participate in the wine-tasting
- Other sponsors and ticket-buyers are encouraged to buy the selection of wines* for the tasting from local businesses:
- Oxford Spirits liquor store
- Cru & Gaslight
*Note: the selection of four wines (two red; two white) is still being determined. Check back toward the end of March for details.
Every year, our food sponsors contribute generously to our Annual Gala. In this time of COVID, please consider supporting our local restaurants as part of your virtual Gala evening. The following restaurants have generously offered a carryout menu for you to order prior to the night of the gala. Note: Please pre-order your meals by April 23, for pick-up on April 24 before 5:00pm.
- Cru Gastro Lounge (513) 273-8013
- Gaslight Brewhouse (513) 280-6237
- Paesanos Pasta House (513) 524-9100
- Phan Shin (513) 523-1020
The following menus can be found on www.oxfordtoyou.com
- El Burrito Loco (513) 523-6639
- Left Field Tavern (513) 523-0015
- Sorriso Bar & Osteria (513) 524-2626
About the Silent Auction
With over 100 items, you’ll find something to tempt your tastes and interests. You may bid from your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Note: Each individual wishing to bid is required to have their own login.
- TBD - Auction items become available for preview
- Saturday, April 17, 6:00 pm – Bidding begins
- Saturday, April 24, 10:00 pm – Bidding closes
What your Gala Sponsorship Supports
The Oxford Community Arts Center adds vibrancy to the community, sparks creativity and innovation, and brings joy to lift us beyond everyday experiences. Our Annual Gala raises more than $50,000 and provides nearly a quarter of OCAC’s operating budget.
Over the past 18 months, the Oxford Community Arts Center drew over 14,300 visitors to 517 events, including visual and performing arts programs, education workshops and classes, and community outreach partnerships such as Enchanted Winter. We have continued to adapt to the pandemic by providing online concerts on Virtual Second Fridays and co-hosting Musical Snacks with Bruce Murray.
ART EXHIBITS AND LIVE PERFORMANCES
The OCAC celebrated the creative voice of over 125 Ohio artists of the fine and performing arts. These artists not only helped us build our community, but also provided a positive emotional impact, started a conversation, and created life-long experiences for our patrons.
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND EVENTS
Over 3,400 children benefited from OCAC classes and events. Students engaged in art both through the Art After School program and the Art-to-Go project, which delivered complete art kits to over 150 children in our community.
This last year has been a difficult one for non-profits, businesses, and individuals. The situation at the Oxford Community Arts Center is no different. All proceeds help keep the Oxford Community Arts Center active & vibrant.
Ticket sales will open soon!